In this session, dive deeper into the latest economic analysis of the business case for hydrogen as an export industry. Designed for all of those looking to better understand this new market opportunity and the conditions required for it to generate market returns.
The session will cover the breadth of local and international drivers for market demand as well as potential supply and cost. By testing these assumptions and using various models you will get a much clearer picture of a potential hydrogen future.
- Analyse global market dynamics driving interest in hydrogen as a fuel source
- Examine the cost curves for the delivered price of hydrogen, the key components and how these will fall
- Analyse the domestic energy market, project horizon and how renewable development could support an export industry
- Develop various scenarios and analyse the commercial potential of a hydrogen industry
vThe cost of converting hydrogen will be the driving factor in the development of this industry. Though not a new technology, it hasn’t been deployed at scale in the way currently suggested, and many expect a dramatic reduction in cost as this focus shifts.
This session is designed to cover both an introduction into the electrolysis process (how it works) and an analysis of how the cost curve may evolve.
- Electrolysis 101 – how the process works at scale, and what they key inputs are
- Examining opportunities to improve the process
- Understanding who the key vendors are in the space and how they are evolving their technology
- Analysing the possible future cost curves
- Creating realistic forecast for future costs of developing hydrogen
Founder and CEO